Saturday, March 24, 2007

10-Falls with Scarlett Rose

10-Falls with Scarlett Rose

"No matter whether you are male or female....big or small, there will always be challanges in a pro wrestling career. BUT being the daughter of a professional wrestler (Super Destroyer), adds possibly a little more pressure if you want to be in this business. One of the brighter, young female wrestlers in Indiana is Scarlett Rose. She has shown promoters and fans alike already in her career that she has what it takes to be a successful professional wrestler...."--Randy Klemme

1) How long have you been in the business and where did you receive your wrestling training?

SR: I have been around the business for practically my whole life. My dad is also a professional wrestler, so I grew up watching not only him but a lot of the big named wrestlers come in and out of my house, because my dad knew alot of them. I was the daughter that loved to get in the ring and just play wrestle with my dad and all his buddies, and I think then something inside of my said I wanted to be a wrestler when I grew up. Officailly I have been in the wrestling business for almost 4 years now, and I couldn't be anymore happier.
I received my training from many different people, when I wasn't actually training at the school, my dad and I would actually take me out in our front or backyard and I would train there too. It was always fun, when the cops would show up and the neighbors would tell them I was being abused, but in all reality the cops would watch, cause they knew what was going on already. But honestly, I may be out of my preliminary training, but I am always constantly learning new things, so really, I am never going to be done with my training.



2) What organizations have you worked for and which ones are you currently associated with?

SR: I have worked for:

National Wrestling Coalition (Southern Illinois)
Great American Wrestling (Southern Illinois)
New Championship Wrestling (paris Illinois)
Coliseum Championship Wrestling (Evansville IN).

I currently work for:
Top Notch Wrestling (Indianapolis IN)
Wild Championship Wrestling Outlaws (Indianapolis IN)
NWA Indiana (Lafayette IN)
Kentucky Wrestling Assiociation (Madisonville KY)
PGWA
Crossroads Championship Wrestling (Terre Haute IN)
All American Pro Wrestling (Southern IL)


3) What titles have you held during your wrestling career?

**Former Ladies Champion for TNW and WCWO
**Current KWA Ladies Champion
**2006 Face of the year for ladysports.

4) Which match over your career has been your favorite and why? and who is your favorite opponent to work with?

SR: I really don't think I could possibly pick a favorite match, as long as I am wrestling, I am happy. But currently, my favorite person that I like to work, would be from CCW Terre Haute, her name is Electra Fine, and we just had a match recently and we beat the crap out of each other, and I felt that she was a tough opponent, but yet we could keep up with each other and test each others strengths.

5) Why did you decide to get into the wrestling business?

SR: I remember I was 15 when I decided I wanted to tell everyone that I wanted to be a wrestler. I can still remember everyone's comments. "You wont make it, you can't survive the training and all it takes to be a wrestler." And I just know that I wanted to prove them wrong, and I guess in some ways I did. I made it through training, and I am getting to wrestle some of my mentors. So in a way I have succeeded in more ways than one.

6) What is the toughest thing about being a professional wrestler?

SR: I may have many permanant injuries and I may wake up alot of mornings in pain, because of those injuries, but I still wrestle. I have alot of people ask me if I have those injuries, then why do I still wrestle?? Well that is what wrestling is all about, and if I were to quit because of those injuries, I would basically be proving all of my dad's wrestling buddies right. And that is the best thing, knowing that I proved them wrong.

7) Any good road stories that you can pass along (keep it clean LOL)?

SR: I've done alot of traveling in my days, but I would have to say my favorite would have to be when I did the two shows for PGWA the spring break of my senior year of high school. I got to see all the sites of Tennesee and it was my first real actually traveling show. We actually got lost trying to find the building to the first show. All we knew was that is was right in front of us, but how the heck do we get to it. The street it was on was a one way, and so were the ones around it. That was my most memerable because of the laughter of trying to find it.


8) Are there things that you would like to achieve during your pro wrestling career? Short term and long
term goals?


SR: I cant really honestly say that I want to make it to the WWE or TNA. I just want to make it big Independent wise. I want to be able to say that I am well know by my wrestling ablity, not by well she is on TNA or WWE, so she has got to be good. I want people to love Scarlett Rose just for my wrestling me not for some wrestling name that is behind me.


9) Have you received any important advice from other more famous names in the pro wrestling business and what was that?

SR: I have received alot of advice from alot of people that are famous wise. If I would have to break it down, I would say that the best advice I received from two different guys, one was Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. He told me that yes, wrestling may be a business, but I am young and not to take it too serious. Just go out there and have fun and it will make it worth my while, in my later years.
And the other was one of my good friends and mentors Tracy Smothers. He is always asking me how everything is going with my career and is always telling me how to improve my status, and told me that if I go out there and bust my ass and the crowd responds that I have done something. It is not always about the way you dress that will get you over. Just go out there and have fun and you have done your job for the night.


10) What is the BEST thing and the WORST thing about being a professional wrestler, maybe something that you didn't realize would be that way when you started?

SR: The BEST thing, my fans, I love it when the kids come up to me and tell me that I am their hero and that they wanna be just like me. I am all about the kids when I wrestle. They are my strength in everything that I do in my matches. It's always a good feeling when you hear the little kids in the crowd cheering for you in your matches.

The WORST thing would have to be that I have to work my BUTT off at some shows, to prove to the guys in the back, that I do belong in this business. Yes I may be a girl, and yes I may be a wrestler, but I do have feelings. And it does hurt, when a guy comes up to me and says that there were a million things wrong with my match, just to put me down, after I just got done busting my ass out there in the ring. I've had alot of guys throwing a fit cause I was in the semi-main match to where as I was just on the card at all. I didn't go through all the training to get constantly put down. I would have to say that if I knew that when I first started training, I would have perpared myself for it. But honestly, I don't think there is anyway a girl could prepare herself for that. Honestly, sometimes, I just wish the guys would grow up.

I'd like to pass on a bit of advice I once got , anyone who is interested in getting in the wrestling world should always go by this. If you have a dream then follow it. Don't let anyone stand in the way of you and your dreams. Wrestling is a tough sport, but if you stick it out you will be surprised on how it will turn out.

No comments: